Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

Housing Resources

If you require assistance or support with your housing then there are a range of government programs and agencies that may be able to assist you. Better Together Housing does not supply housing and cannot support you to find housing. 


If you are currently homeless and need assistance you can call the Homeless Hotline: 1800 474 753

Homeless Hotline is a phone information and referral service for people who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness. You can find out more information here. 

Support services

Housing Older Women’s Support Services (HOWSS) is a Specialised Housing and Support Hub for Older Women funded by the Department of Housing. This Footprints Community service offers a Brisbane-based Hub, and a Queensland wide online navigation and support service that is inclusive of all older women experiencing housing distress or homelessness.

HOWSS provides a place where older women can receive:

• help to find housing and support assistance
• engagement and education sessions for older women, and the sector

• outreach services • face-to-face contact with skilled staff 
• information and linkages to other human service support agencies • volunteer peer support from people with lived experience
• state-wide collaborative regional responses • telephone and online advice and advocacy

You can find out more information on the service here

Social Housing

Social housing is available to provide housing stability to vulnerable people who aren’t able to access and sustain housing. You must meet all of the eligibility criteria to receive social housing. to find out more visit the government website here. You can also visit a service centre to talk to staff, or find a list of Government Housing Service Centres here.

Rental Bonds

A Bond Loan is an interest-free and fee-free loan to cover the rental bond when you move into private rental accommodation. The loan amount is a maximum of 4 weeks rent and must be repaid. Bond loans are available to eligible people only.

Check your eligibility
You can find out more here

Rental Grants 

A Rental Grant is a one-off grant of 2 weeks rent for people in a housing crisis. It helps pay for the cost of moving into private rental accommodation. Rental Grants are available to eligible people only.

Check your eligibility
You can find out more here

Sunshine Coast Housing and Homelessness Directory

The Sunshine Coast Housing and Homelessness Directory is a pocket-sized guide. It contains details for organisations that are providing services:

• To people at risk of homelessness
• To people currently experiencing homelessness.

Council developed the directory with the Sunshine Coast Housing and Homelessness Network. The directory aims to improve access to information and referrals to community services.

This website is powered by