1. The Site
The website www.bettertogetherhousing.com.au (the site) is operated by Sundale Ltd ACN 164 270 946 and Coast2Bay Housing Group Ltd CAN 127 308 856 (together, “Better Together Housing” or “BTH”) to assist women over 55 years of age on the Sunshine Coast who:
- Are seeking to share accommodation; and
- Have applied and been approved by BTH to
2. Applying to be a Participant
Women over 55 years of age on the Sunshine Coast can apply to BTH to become a Participant on the site.
- Complete the online registration form; and
- Pass the following background check to the satisfaction of BTH:
- a) Supply a current police criminal history check; or
- b) Supply a valid blue card
BTH reserves the right to refuse any application to become a Participant in its absolute discretion.
BTH will confirm with every applicant whether they have been approved to be a Participant.
3. The Purpose of the Site
The purpose of the Site is:
- for approved Participants who have accommodation that they are willing to share, to:
- a) publish information about them and their available accommodation; and
- b) search for other Participants who they may be willing to share their accommodation with; and
- allow approved Participants seeking accommodation to:
- a) publish information about themselves; and
- b) search for accommodation that other Participants have available to share; and
- c) search for other Participants who they may be willing to rent accommodation with them in a shared arrangement,
- d) The Purpose
4. Registration Forms
The Registration Form requires you to provide information about yourself, your preferred location and the maximum price you can pay or, if you want to share your property, how much it is per week.
You must ensure that the information you provide in the Registration Forms:
- is true and correct; and
- is kept up-to-date by promptly advising BTH of any changes to the details you have provided.
5. Your Story
As a participant, you agree that some of the information you provide will be published in the closed area of the Site. (Your Story). The closed area is a section that can only be accessed by BTH staff or other approved participants. In relation to Your Story:
- you agree that you will only include information that you are authorised to share online, either because you own the intellectual property in the material or have the consent of the owner to share the material online; and
- Your Story does not contain any material which is offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, abusive, obscene, or illegal, as determined by BTH in their absolute discretion; and
- you agree that BTH may edit or refuse to publish any information that breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise considered by BTH in their discretion to be inappropriate or offensive; and
- you grant BTH a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, licence to host, cache, store, maintain, use, reproduce, communicate, distribute, display, publish, modify, or adapt all or any part of Your Story for the Purpose and/or to ensure your compliance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- you release BTH, and their directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors, from any and all claims, rights, demands, actions or suites which you may have in connection with the publication of Your Story whether that claim rose or arises in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise; and
- you consent to all acts by BTH which would otherwise constitute an infringement of any moral rights you have or may have, in Your Story or any part of it.
7. Important terms about any arrangements you make with other Participants
As a participant, you acknowledge and agree that:
- BTH does not give any representation or warranty about any other Participant or user of the Site, including, without limitation, any representation or warranty about their suitability (financially or personally) as a prospective co-tenant;
- BTH does not inspect or give any representation or warranty regarding any accommodation offered on the Site by any Participant, including without limitation any representation or warranty in respect of the suitability or behavioural characteristics of any prospective landlord or co-tenant or the condition of any such accommodation;
- BTH is not, and does not purport to be, your agent for the purposes of offering or finding share accommodation;
- BTH will not be a party to any contract, arrangement or understanding between you and any other Participant or landlord relating to the sharing of accommodation;
- You must make your own assessment of any Participant you choose to connect with or share accommodation with;
- Apart from the Background Checks, BTH will not assist you in any way in making your assessment of any Participant as a potential co-tenant;
- You must ensure that any shared accommodation arrangement you enter into with another Participant is governed by:
- a) a residential tenancy agreement under the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (the Act); and
- b) a Co-tenants Agreement lodged with BTH; and
- entering into a shared accommodation arrangement may impact on:
- a) your financial position (for example it may impact on any Centrelink benefits you receive);
- b) your taxation (for example it may impact on any Capital Gains Tax payable on the sale of any residence you own and decide to share); and
- c) your household insurance requirements.
- BTH cannot advise you in relation to these matters, and you will need to obtain appropriate financial, accounting and legal advice about any shared housing arrangement before entering into it. BTH will endeavour to direct you to appropriately qualified professional advisors for the purpose.
By registering as a Participant or otherwise using the Site:
- you confirm that you are a Participant or eligible to be a Participant;
- you agree to use the Site only for the Purpose;
- you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions;
- you consent to BTH conducting the Background Checks detailed in these Terms and Conditions;
- you agree that if your use of the Site braches these Terms and Conditions, BTH may take remedial action, including amending or deleting Your Story, or any other steps BTH considers appropriate in their absolute discretion
- you agree that BTH may alter these Terms and Conditions from time to time in its discretion and you will be bound by the alterations; and
- you are responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions periodically to ensure you agree to the most current version.
9. Your technical obligations in using the Site
In using the Site you must not do, or attempt to do, the following:
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or translate any software forming part of the site;
- capture or copy any software on the Site;
- hack or do anything which may compromise the Site;
- do anything that causes BTH to lose (in whole or in part) the services of their internet service providers (ISPs) or other suppliers;
- introduce any virus, malware, Trojan horse, worm or any other form of disruptive code intended to disrupt the normal operation of the site (or any user’s computer), or to surreptitiously intercept or access any data from the Site (or any user’s computer) without authority;
- cause the operation of the Site to be impaired in any way;
- use the Site for any unlawful purpose or to cause any nuisance;
- use the Site in any way that infringes BTH’s or any third party’s intellectual property rights (including without restriction copyright, trade mark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights);
- Use the Site to transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users;
- Use the Site to collect personal information about other users without their knowledge or consent; or
- use a name or identity on the Site that is not your own.
10. Confirmation of agreement
By using the Site and/or clicking the acceptance box, you confirm your agreement to these Terms & Conditions.